FDU - Underfloor Fan Powered Booster & Terminal Unit
The FDU is a low profile fan terminal designed specifically for underfloor applications. This unit provides forced air to a space, independent of plenum static pressure. The FDU is well suited for perimeter zones and spaces with rapid changes in demand such as large conference rooms and training rooms.
The FDU is available in various sizes and configurations in order to meet any application need. In cooling mode, plenum air is pulled through the fan and delivered to the perimeter to meet envelope loads. In heating mode, hot water or electric reheat coils can be used to warm the air up to meet heating demand.
In interior spaces, the fan terminal can be ducted to supply grilles or used to pressurize a small sub-plenum. The fan terminal will ramp up and down to meet the space cooling requirement.
- Top access panel
- 20 gauge casing
- Solid state speed controller for adjusting airflow
- 1/2 in. fiberglass insulation
- Electric or water coils
- 1-3 stage and SCR electric heat
- 2-pipe, 4-pipe, or HCCO water coils
- Multi-circuit cooling coils with up to 6 rows available
- Galvanized or stainless steel drain pans
- 1 in. thick throwaway filter
- 1/2 in. fiber free liner
- Inlet damper
- Deluxe ECM speed controller with digital RPM readout and feedback
The UMCB is used to control up to 12 remote terminal dampers. By supplying the UMCB complete with a Price thermostat, the UMCB will control the fan operation, as well as electric heat based on the thermostat’s signal. The UMCB is a native BACnet controller, and can be controlled by a building automation system (BAS) instead of a thermostat using simple to connect RJ-45 BACnet ports. The UMCB comes mounted to terminal unit as standard, powered by an integral transformer.
- 19 terminal block connections capable of output signals such as cooling and heating control, ECM fan motor control, fan relay, reheat (binary, analog, and tristate), etc.
- Two thermistor and 1 sensor connections that can be used for humidity or pressure sensing
- Two RJ12 output jacks to convey power and control signal to 12 remote terminals
- Two RJ45 jacks for network connection
- Six thermostat options: Room Sensor, Dial, LCD, LCD with Motion Sensor, LCD with CO2 and Humidity Monitoring, and Wireless Dial