MFD-TP - Modular Floor Diffuser – Twist Pattern
The Price MFD-TP creates a twisting air pattern for rapid mixing using radial slots. This generates a vertical supply with very high induction due to the turbulent flow. The high induction entrains air from the floor level and quickly equalizes the supply and room air temperatures in the occupied zone. The discharge mixes within a turbulent cone in the occupied zone. The MFD-TP can be placed within 1.5 – 3 ft. of an occupant while maintaining a draft rate between 10-15 percept people dissatisfied according to ASHRAE 55-2004.
- The MFD is an integral component of the ModuFlex System.
- Room side, drop-in installation allows for increased flexibility, and can be quickly installed or rearranged.
- One cable daisy change arrangement for controls.
- The MFD is tested in accordance with ASHRAE55. The low velocity displacement air pattern allows the Modular Floor Displacement Diffuser to be placed in the occupant space.
- The MFD allows a reduction in outdoor air required by at least 18% as per ASHRAE62.1.
- Available with Manual and Automatic Air volume dampers
- Optimal low throw design, VE of 1.2
- Relatively higher air flow
- Easy drop-in installation
- Seven standard basket options for the 8 in. diffuser and four for the 10 in.
- Zip clip and ring press fit gasket mounting options
- Fire rated polymer available in 8 in. The polymer diffusers are UL2043 certified and meet NFPA90Aand 90B requirements.
- Aluminum finish available in 8 in. or 10 in. Aluminum diffuser meets the requirements for NFPA 90B load ratings.
- The DBA basket allows for manual adjustable airflow, while the DBV basket provides automatic adjustable airflow, both without removing the diffuser.