PCV - Pressure Control Valve
The Price PCV is designed as a pressure control valve to regulate duct pressure in a VAV or VVT system.
The PCV uses either a field calibrated electric or PIC DDC controller to ensure that over or under pressurization of the duct will not occur.
The PCV can be used as either a bypass unit or as a throttling device
In the bypass application, static pressure is normally measured 2/3 down the longest duct run. The PCV will bypass main supply air to a plenum or air handler return to maintain duct static pressure at a constant setting.
In the throttling (or downstream) application, placing a static pressure sensor downstream of a PCV unit will allow for control of the pressure supplied to the VAV diffusers. The control valve is designed to maintain duct static pressure through adjustment of a control damper.
- Rectangular ducts constructed of 22 gauge zinc-coated steel.
- Round ducts constructed of 24 gauge zinc-coated steel.
- Damper fabricated from 22 gauge zinc-coated steel, mechanically fastened.
- Damper shaft, sensor and all fasteners exposed to airflow are type 304 stainless steel.
- Damper shaft bearings and damper gasket are polyethylene.
- Controller cover and all external metal components are zinc-coated steel.
- SP300 sensor.
Sequence of Operation – Constant pressure, bypass
- On an increase in duct static pressure the controller/actuator will open the VAV damper to increase the amount of air bypassed.
- On a decrease in duct static pressure the controller/actuator will close the VAV damper to reduce the amount of air bypassed.
- Duct static pressure is held constant.
PCV controllers require field calibration of the duct static pressure set-point. Controllers are factory set at a default value of 0.3 in. w.g.span>
Read More +
|Ceiling Diffusers - Complete Revit|
|Pressure Control Valve Revit|