MFD-DP - Modular Floor Diffuser - Displacement Pattern
The Price MFD-DP is ideal for use where low induction floor level flow is required. The diffuser slots discharge air in a displacement manner, horizontally across the floor, where it is drawn to heat loads and transports heat and particles up to the return grilles in the ceiling.
These diffusers create a horizontal flow using narrow slots arranged in a star pattern with a perforated section in the center to resist induction of room air. This generates a low turbulence flow with low velocities to minimize draft when located near seated occupants. This low level discharge is ideal for supplying cool air across the floor of the room and allowing it to rise as the heat load from people and electrical equipment is absorbed. The 8" (200 mm) diameter diffusers can be placed within 24" (610 mm) of a seated occupant while maintaining a draft rate of less than 10% according to ASHRAE 55-2004.
- The MFD is an integral component of the ModuFlex System.
- Room side, drop-in installation allows for increased flexibility, and can be quickly installed or rearranged.
- One cable daisy change arrangement for controls.
- The MFD is tested in accordance with ASHRAE55. The low velocity displacement air pattern allows the Modular Floor Displacement Diffuser to be placed in the occupant space.
- The MFD allows a reduction in outdoor air required by at least 18% as per ASHRAE62.1.
- Available with Manual and Automatic Air volume dampers
- Optimal low velocity displacement design, with a VE of 1.2
- Placement independent of occupant location
- Easy drop-in installation